The National Content Development Manager is the visionary that leads the creation and execution of the content strategy for her/his local market. She/He ensures year around relevant content for the defined audiences, working with the other Media House functions to ensure a holistic content plan for the audiences. She/He defines the quality standards for the development and production of video content, working with the local creative community to develop and produce strategic long form, serialized formats or single short form videos. With the end goal of reaching more viewers and engaging them for as long as possible, the content output should appeal first and foremost to key local audiences and – when possible – also to international viewers. The Manager oversees all content produced and commissioned by her/his team of internal and/or external Producers and Content Specialists.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
Has a vision of what we want to create and ensures year around relevant content for the defined audiences.
Sets quality, cost efficacy- and creative standards for the development, production and commissioning of content in the market.
Identifies top production partners and talent in the local market, that can deliver innovative, state-of-the-art content from editorial to technical perspectives.
Builds and maintains a network of companies, creative professionals, agencies, co-producers and partners within the specific country.
Establishes strategic co-production opportunities with 3rd party broadcasters, platforms and brands.
Serves as the main POC for all Content-related matters, aligning and collaborating regularly with international Red Bull producers and HQ stakeholders, ensuring full transparency regarding project status and timelines.
Cooperates with the international Red Bull TV Live producers when live events take place in the country.
Identifies and develops new story angles for existing projects, genres and recurring content opportunities (Athlete Projects, Opinion Leaders, Events, Team Presentations, On Premise, Consumption Occasions etc.).
- Proven track record developing and producing distinctive content, long-form and short-form;
- Experience in managing multiple productions, budgets and partners;
- Familiarity with the regional content market (from TV, to OTT and social networks), including solid relationships within the local creative community (production companies, talent, artists, musicians, etc.);
- Sound knowledge of the fundamental principles of storytelling in long and short form programming;
- Editorial expertise, with the ability to evaluate and give clear, constructive feedback on ideas, treatments, productions, etc.;
- Skills in coordinating and guiding production partners and teams from concept development phase through to production and delivery;
- A broad knowledge of all media production methods for creation and delivery essential;
- Additional experience in writing for television, filming, editing, production management and other aspects of development and production;
- Clear understanding of the international content market, broadcast strategy, commissioning, programming, audiences, ratings, branded content, etc.;
- The ability to work well within a large, international organization;
- A positive, solution-oriented work attitude;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- University Degree level education (ideally in Communications, Journalism, Film Studies or similar)
- Fluency in English
- Travel up to 10%
Looking for something else?
- Type any country, city, state...
Giving wings to people and ideas since 1987
In the 1980’s Dietrich Mateschitz developed a formula known as the Red Bull Energy Drink. This was not only the launch of a completely new product, in fact it was the birth of a totally new product category.The company beyond the can
Chasing our potential
Since the early days of Red Bull, an entrepreneurial mindset has always guided our approach to work and the environment we create: